There are many things that can be done when planning your move that will help save time and money! Here are some tips:
1. Packing items yourself can seem like a daunting task.. We provide packing services for those in need however many clients like to pack boxable items themselves which in turn will save the time and expense of having your movers do so. Not everyone has the time to do so with a busy work schedule and family to attend to.. If you do so yourself here are some additional tips.
A: Use only small boxes for books. They get very heavy, very fast.
B: Never tip stand mixers on their side when packing into boxes. The lubricating oil inside the mixer will pour out of it.
C: No such thing as too much packing paper! Packing paper and bubble-wrap can ensure your items stay protected.
D: Each box should be packed firmly but not overloaded. You don’t want items to shift. The box lid should close easily without bending inward or being
2. Any dis-assembly and re-assembly that can be done prior to us arriving will save you moving time of having our movers do so. Important to keep all the screws, nuts and bolts, and all parts together and secured to the item so they are not lost or mixed in move process. Our movers will take care of this otherwise.
3. Your soft and lightweight goods in drawers need not be removed and packed in boxes unless the item is extremely heavy with marble top, or mahogany style wood they can be moved as they are. Your movers will wrap dressers with plastic and blankets to keep drawers closed. However, anything breakable, spill-able or that may damage other items should be removed from your drawers prior to moving.
A: Use felt-pads(used for feet or bottom of furniture) to protect your wood or tile floors and prevent scratches.
4. When it comes to hiring movers as much notice in advance is helpful, generally 2-4 weeks is recommended. We can accommodate same day or next day moves most of the time however we can not guarantee your reservation. Some companes will add an extra premium for last minute moves, however we do not. This is especially true during the busiest months for all moving companies between May and September.
5. Wait to pack your cleaning supplies (broom, dust cloth, mop, etc.) until you’ve done your last cleanup—especially if you have a security deposit. Don’t forget to clean your stove and defrost the fridge!
6. Submit your change of address form about a week before your move date.
7. Place any items you wish to take with you off to the side and inform all crew members to not pack them. These items could include things such as cable boxes, medication, or any other personal items you may want to be readily accessible once you are in your new home.
5. Having a layout plan in advance will help, when it is time for movers to offload and bring items into your business, home, or apartment. In many instances there is much re-arranging which takes place with items many times because of a lack of layout plan.
Moving doesn’t have to be a hassle! One of FRMS goals as your moving services provider is to make the moving process as stress-free as possible, give us a call and we’ll be happy to help!